Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What I think

  
   My blog posts are written as my opinion and idea however I do feel like they're  more of reviews than responses. I talk as if I'm reviewing the book I feel with the structure of my writing:

The author does a flawless job of building the story with the unique structure of alternating Hannah’s voice on the tapes with Clay’s as he listens in real time. The reader is immediately drawn in and, like Clay, wants to uncover Hannah’s secrets --- and, more importantly, the reasons why she felt her life had to end so tragically.
-"13 Reasons Why" Blog Post

  See from my writing I seem to be more of targeting what about the book was good but I don't think I'm actually creating and analyzing any ideas as a reader response would be. However I do feel I'm strong in identifying the issues in the story I try to use as little retell as possible and try to use Ms.Robbins idea of limiting retell to only a 2 sentences.
       I also see a lot of patterns in between each of my blog posts based on the books and way of literature I choose to read. A lot of them have to do with similar issues and topics, and all include a protagonist in high school who lives through the crazy drug,sex and secret lives of young adults. All of the characters are connected. But it also is not great to be repetitive in what I read and how I respond to it. I need to decide whether I want to change the way I respond to these books or change the books I read. But maybe I should do both.
    
Read it and weep. Or laugh. Maybe both. What makes the book truly unique is that it is able to make you laugh and cry until they're combined into one emotion. 
- "It's Kind of A Funny Story" Blog Post
   
     I think I also like to show the readers experience/my experience when I read the book and talk about what emotions it will bring out. It shows a lot of my reaction to the book, which could be similar to a reviewer but I still think capturing the experience will inform and set the tone for my response. There is stuff I do well and stuff I do wrong, I will always continue to improve with every post or word I type. Now I know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment